Have you ever wondered what makes some of the care homes more comfortable to elders than others? The most significant factor is surely the qualification, empathy, and talent of caregivers. But there is something else that plays a huge role in defining the service excellence of your care home or retirement center. Wondering what am I referring to. It is seemingly a very minor and harmless thing but it goes a long way in facilitating the elders in the facility. I am referring to the comfortable chairs for elderly. Surely every care home tries to buy the best furniture items but what differentiates good care homes from average is the comfort of those chairs.
Even though you facilitate elders in every other possible way. If you lack the comfort factor then are likely to be unsatisfied with the service and would want to move out. With age, it is humane to experience mild to severe health issues. Even the elders who don’t experience any chronological or severe disease might still need extra help and comfort because of age-related weakness. Aging is a real thing that affects all elders in one way or the other. This is why as a caretaker in a care home facility, you need to make sure that you offer them the desired comfort.
Without a doubt, the comfort factor is of utmost importance in chairs for elders. It is not just a luxurious aspect from the point of view of elders, rather it is their necessity. Without a comfortable chair, they will face discomfort but it is not just that. It is the possibility of joint pain, difficulty maintaining balance, and severe effects on the backbone that can be quite harmful to elders. Comfortable chairs help elders in multiple ways that you cannot even imagine. Some of the most prominent ways in which comfortable chairs are important for elders are shared below:
· Support for joints and muscles: The comfortable chairs for elderlyare designed in an ergonomic manner which offers desired support to joints and muscles. These chairs do not put strain or pressure on the backbone, hip bone, and knees. These chairs also keep your joints comfortable and at ease. They are designed in a way that makes it comfortable to stand up and sit down without putting any unwanted pressure on any body part. Such chairs are perfect for elders who experience muscle pain, musculoskeletal issues, and especially arthritis. For such elders, these chairs are a complete bliss and they prefer to have those chairs, especially in their residence.
· Less risk of pressure sores: Some elders suffer from mobility issues. Those elders require assistance to walk or use a walking aid (like an adult walker). The mobility of such elders is very limited due to which there is a great chance that they develop pressure sores from sitting in one place for extended hours. To deal with this issue, the only way is to make sure that you have comfortable chairs for elderly in your care home. The comfortable chairs are crafted with proper cushioning that prevents the pressure sores to irgininate. The cushion in these chairs also ensures that the weight of elders is distributed evenly which reduces the probability of pressure ulcers.
· Improved blood circulation: The chairs that come with comfortable cushioning offer a better sitting position that helps to improve blood circulation in the body. When elders sit in a position that keeps their body at peace then their body blood circulates in a desired manner keeping all organs healthy and improving overall physical health. This is particularly great for those elders who are victims of poor circulation.
· Improves posture: The chairs that are designed while keeping the comfort in mind improve the posture of elders. they help elders to sit in the position that is desired for a healthy backbone. Maintaining good posture helps the elders to prevent back pain and keep the backbone in the desired position. Better posture means a better lifestyle and better physical health.
· Better Mobility: The chairs that help the elders to comfortably sit in and stand up improves the chances of mobility. Having these chairs in access, the elders don’t need any external help from the caregivers or walking aid support. This is why they can get up whenever they want without having to wait for help or face any discomfort. The comfortable chairs for elderly that come with adequate seat height, back support, and arm rest increase the mobility among elders giving them independence.
· Boosts confidence: As explained above, comfortable chairs for elderly increase mobility and independence which boosts their confidence. Knowing that they can stand up and sit down on their own boosts their confidence and gives them a sense of accomplishment that is great for their mental as well as physical health.
· Social Engagement: When provided with comfortable chairs, elders are more likely to enjoy their environment and socialize more. OF course, uncomfortable chairs are not that welcoming for elders because they prefer to spend most of the time in their beds. In contrast, having comfortable chairs gives them a chance to elders to sit comfortably for hours and allows them to positively interact with others and engage in social activities and discussions. This also helps them to actively participate in community events and gatherings fulfilling their social need and keeping them active. The more socially engaged the elders are, the better will be their mental health. When they are supported to spend their time productively then they can make their time work for the betterment of the community they are living in.
· Safety: Comfortable chars are also safe for elder’s use. It is so because having comfortable chairs for elderly means that they will have proper sitting space where they can stand up and sit down without experiencing any unfortunate incident. Uncomfortable chairs can result in accidents such as slipping or straining which can result in mild to severe pain. This is why comfortable chairs are important for elders as they possess the stability features they require for their safety. Safety is a huge concern for elders as a seemingly mild accident can affect them very badly. This is so because the body of elders is weak and vulnerable as compare o youngsters. This is why a mere slipping incident can cause them a lot of pain and can even result in fractures which can keep their special care for months.
· Pain management: Many elders are patients of chronic diseases whereby they experience chronic pain in their bodies. This pain can be managed and reduced by offering them a comfortable place to sit. These chairs are designed in an ergonomic manner which keeps the body in the best possible position. When muscles and organs are relaxed they are less likely to feel pain and discomfort. this is why comfortable chairs are a must for elders who experience body pain on a daily basis and want to have a solution to manage their pain.
· Quality of life: Offering a comfortable place to sit and relax, the comfortable chairs improve the quality of life of elders. Elders truly start to live and enjoy their time when they are provided with a comfortable environment where their mobility is not restricted. Comfort goes a long way in helping the elders to better perform in daily activities. It also keeps them physically healthy and mentally at peace. In addition, better quality of life also helps them gain the positivity that they require to live a pleasant life.
· Customized effect as per individual needs: The comfortable chairs for elderly sometimes come with additional features that elevate the comfort level of elders. these chairs offer some customized effects that can help elders with their specific inidvdual needs. This is because the individual requirements of elders might vary from one another. This is why they can buy a chair that already has the features they desire or ask for a special made-to-order chair. Wondering what customized effects I am referring to? For instance, some elders experience backache due to which they require reclining chairs that do not compromise on comfort.
· Support for health conditions: Comfortable chairs for elderly are manufactured in a way that extends support for health conditions. They can be useful to elders in many health conditions that require special treatment for the elders (or patients). For instance, they can help with better support for joints and muscles keeping the body healthy, and improving blood circulation ensuring that all organs are getting the desired amount of blood without any disruption. Such seemingly small benefits go a long way and offer support for better health conditions improving the overall physical and mental health of the elders.
GET IN TOUCH
If you have any questions about our products or services, feel free to reach out to customer service team. Provide unique experiences for everyone involved with a brand.