Designing a senior living facility is a work of art and compassion. You need to have an elevated aesthetic sense and empathy in your heart to design the facility in a stylish yet practical manner. You might already be aware that seniors have some special needs and requirements as compared to youngsters. This is because with age they become weak and some even develop some health issues for which they need special assistance and help. This is why you should put some thought into finalizing furniture items for a care home or retirement home. Be it a sofa set, senior living bar stools, or high-seat chairs, you need to buy the ones that cross the checklist of special requirements for elders. Among furniture items, many people believe that sofa sets and chairs are enough for the care home or senior assisted facility. But the senior living bar stools are as much important as any other furniture item.
You might be wondering that there are so many other items in furniture such as sofa sets and chairs why elders will ever need senior living bar stools? These stools make it easier for elders to sit down and stand up without needing any external help. Elders prefer to go to places where these stools are installed due to high accessibility and ease. They not only offer a perfect place to sit but also offer them the confidence that they can visit different places.
Care to find out how you can put senior living bar stools into use for senior citizens or elderly people? Let us explore the popular uses of these stools which will guide you on the importance of buying the perfect ones for the care home or other public facility you are serving or renovating.
· Dining Room: These stools are perfect for dining rooms as they allow the elders to sit on an elevated top right in front of the dining table. Elders need to sit at the same level of the dining table or else they cannot eat properly. This way they do not enjoy their meals and the meal time turns into an uncomfortable journey of trying to eat food. In such cases, either they tend to leave the meal in between or ask for assistance from a caregiver which affects their self-confidence. This is why it is desired that the level of senior living bar stools is equivalent to that of the dining table so that the elders can comfortably enjoy their food without spilling it over. It offers easy access and desired support to the elders. These stools work wonders in dining rooms by boosting the self-confidence of elders and allowing them to enjoy their meals decently.
· Activity Areas: It is very much easier on elevated stools which is why senior living bar stools are the best option for the activity or recreational areas in care homes. The activity area is the area where elders want to enjoy leisure time. They sit there for hours and interact with other elders and caregivers. It is a great socializing experience for them which gives them a healthy interactive activity. Such interactions and healthy discussions are necessary for their mental health as well as their keeping their mood good. If the chairs in such areas are uncomfortable and stressful for elders then they are unlikely to sit there rather they will try to get back to their rooms as soon as possible limiting their interactions and leisure time. Moreover, if they still choose to sit on the uncomfortable chairs that require energy to sit down and stand up then they will likely experience pain and discomfort later which can affect their physical health.
· Coffee Shop and Cafes: The bar stools are perfect for cafes and coffee shops to accommodate elders in the best possible way. Besides the care home dining area, the elders will prefer to go for a time out at a nearby coffee shop where senior living bar stools offer them a decent place to sit. Senior citizens are more likely to enjoy their coffee, snack, or beverage in a café where the assisted chairs are installed. Or else they will feel so exhausted in sitting down or standing up that they will prefer sitting at their home or care home.
· Therapy or Rehab Center: It is required that the therapy and rehab centers install these senior living bar stools for elders. These chairs make it easy for the therapists to help the elders do their exercise. It keeps the elders in a sitting position which is desirable for the rehab centers. These stools are used to facilitate the therapists to do the exercises in an efficient manner that helps the elders regain their physical comfort. It is immensely grateful for the elders who are undergoing habilitation treatments and physical therapies that are necessary for their health.
· Lounge areas: The senior living bar stools are a perfect fit for lounge areas in care homes and even common public spaces. These make the lounge areas more accessible for elders not only in care homes but also in public places. The installation of such stools makes it easier for the elders to visit the public places whenever they deem it right. This gives them the comfort of going outdoors without worrying about a decent place to sit. Lounge areas are meant to sit and relax and this is what these stools offer to the elders.
· Arts and Crafts Spaces: Elders should be given access to art and crafts spaces where they can enjoy various activities. Elders need to enjoy creativity and artistic activities to spend their time pleasantly. This helps them to keep themselves entertained. When such stools are installed in arts and crafts spaces they extend access to elders giving them a chance to live their lives in the best possible manner. Merely an addition of such sitting spaces makes it comfortable for the elderly to come, enjoy, and have the time of their lifetime.
· Medical Examination Centers: Elders are more likely to visit the medical examination centers. It is because with age they face more health issues. Normally, people experience various healthcare issues with age. Most of the elders feel weakness and other issues with age while some of them experience some major health issues due to which they seldom have to visit the medical centers for their examinations. Having such senior living bar stools in such medical centers is a great ease for elders as it makes it easy for their examination. It makes the check-ups and treatment easy and comfortable. In addition to the treatments, it also helps in diagnosis.
· Computer Workstations: Having such stools in workstations is a great way to engage elders with technology. Elders also have the right to use computers and stay connected with the latest technology. The best way to do that is to facilitate them with a feasible environment at the computer workstations. Installing easily accessible stools in these workstations helps elders to comfortably use computers.
· Reception Areas: Be it a reception area of a building or a mall, it is great if you install these bar stools in there. It helps the elders to visit the public places without the fear that they wont find a suitable place to sit. In contrast, the inclusion of these stools ensures that the reception areas are welcoming for the elders as much as they are for any other person of any age.
· Outdoor spaces: Outdoor spaces are a perfect place for elders to enjoy leisure time. It is not only refreshing but also gives them access to oxygen which is better for their health. Bar stools in outdoor spaces and parks offer a welcoming environment to elders. It provides the elders with the opportunity to enjoy fresh air and enjoy all outdoor activities.
· Fitness and exercise area: Along with outdoor activities, elders have every right to stay fit by visiting the fitness and exercise areas. This helps them enjoy great health by keeping themselves in shape and strengthening their body. It not only makes them active but also enhances their physical as well as mental health. Having great health gives the elders the confidence and happiness they truly deserve in their life.
· Caregiver assistance: Caregivers prefer to have these bar stools at the places where they need to offer medical help to elderly patients. The arm rests and options to adjust the height as per the patient's need make it possible for the caregivers to extend the required help to the patients. Making the checkups easy, also facilitates the caregivers as they can conduct the patient examination in a much easier way.
GET IN TOUCH
If you have any questions about our products or services, feel free to reach out to customer service team. Provide unique experiences for everyone involved with a brand.