Furniture is one of the essential elements in any assisted living facility. It is a tool that assists the residents in their day-to-day living activities. It also provides additional safety and comfort features to the residents who require assistance in mobility and stability. In this article, we will discuss the necessary features that furniture for assisted living facilities should have, the types of furniture, and where to buy them.
Features of Furniture for Assisted Living Facilities
Furniture for assisted living facilities should have the following features:
1. Safe: The furniture should be made of materials that are safe and durable. These materials should be able to withstand the constant use of the residents.
2. Comfortable: The furniture should provide comfort to the residents. It should have features that help prevent pressure ulcers, such as proper cushioning and proper support for the back and the feet.
3. Accessible: The furniture should be usable by people with different levels of mobility. It should be easy to use, and its height and size should be adjustable.
4. Easy to clean: Furniture should be made of materials that are easy to clean and maintain, preventing the spread of germs and bacteria.
5. Durable: Furniture should be made of materials that last long and that are resistant to wear and tear. This feature ensures that the furniture will not require constant replacement or repair.
Types of Furniture for Assisted Living Facilities
1. Bed: The bed is one of the most important pieces of furniture in an assisted living facility. It should be comfortable, durable, and able to adjust to the right height for the resident. Other features of the bed may include handrails, low footboards, and grab bars.
2. Chair: Chairs in assisted living facilities should provide enough support for the back and the arms. They should be adjustable in height to cater to the needs of residents. Features of the chair may include cushions, armrests, and wheels.
3. Table: The dining table is an essential part of an assisted living facility. It should be durable and easy to clean. The table should be big enough to accommodate the needs of the residents.
4. Dresser: Dressers help keep clothes and personal items of the residents organized. It should have several compartments, including a drawer with a lock, for the residents to keep valuable items.
5. Lift Chairs: Lift chairs are chairs that have a built-in lifting mechanism that helps the residents stand up. They provide additional support and comfort to the residents with mobility issues.
Where to Buy Furniture for Assisted Living Facilities
There are different places where one can buy furniture for assisted living facilities. These include:
1. Specialty stores: These stores stock furniture that is designed specifically for assisted living facilities. The furniture is safe, comfortable, durable, and easy to use.
2. Online stores: Online stores offer a wide range of furniture for assisted living facilities. It is easy to search and compare furniture, and delivery is usually prompt.
3. Second-hand stores: These stores sell used furniture that is still in good condition. It is a cost-effective option for those who want to save money.
4. Furniture rental companies: These companies offer furniture rental services for those who want to test out different furniture options before buying them.
5. Furniture Manufacturer: You can order furniture from the manufacturer directly. This method allows you to have your furniture customized to your specifications.
Furniture is an essential part of an assisted living facility. It provides additional safety and comfort to the residents who require it. When buying furniture for an assisted living facility, it is essential to consider the necessary features, such as safety, comfort, accessibility, easy to clean, and durability. There is a wide range of furniture options available, including beds, chairs, tables, dressers, and lift chairs. You can purchase furniture from specialty stores, online stores, second-hand stores, furniture rental companies, and Furniture Manufacturers..