Do you want your loved ones to feel comfortable, safe, and have a sense of true belonging at home in their nursing care environment? But let’s face it—most nursing home furniture is far from homey. Those hard plastic chairs and poorly padded seat cushions just don’t cut it for comfort. Standard furniture often lacks adjustability for different physical needs.
So how can you ensure your elderly relatives are sitting cozy in nursing home chairs tailored to their comfort and health needs? This guide has you covered on finding the right nursing home chairs for function and relaxation. Get ready to have them lounging in style!
Look, Feel, Adjust
Finding high end nursing home furniture that checks all the boxes starts with choosing a nursing home chair design that aligns with your priorities. What's most important - adjustability features, plush comfort, or ease of movement? Pen down the must-haves before shopping around.
Luxurious Comfort for Hours
Let's start with the comfort factor because no one wants to perch on an unpadded seat all day. Best nursing home chairs should provide luxurious comfort to cradle occupants for extended sitting. Prioritize:
· Contoured Back Support - A molded, curved backrest conforms to the spine's natural shape for healthy posture without stiffness.
· Deep, Padded Seat Cushion - Thick foam cushioning prevents pressure points on the tailbone and thighs during prolonged sitting.
· Soft Upholstery - Plush faux leather or woven fabric upholstery offers a cozy feel and warmth.
· Extra Pillows - Neck, back, and side pillows allow for further custom comfort and pain relief.
Get the Right Height
The seat height of a nursing home chair is crucial for senior’s safety and comfort. Focus on finding a chair height that allows them to easily get in and out of the seat without having to bend down too far or lift themselves. The ideal chair will have a seat height that makes transitions smooth and minimizes strain. Look for chairs with:
· Power Lift Option - Electric lift mechanics smoothly raise seats to 18 inches high and gently descend again. This aids standing.
· Adjustable Heights - Manual lift chairs with levers allow users to change the seat height as needed.
· Extra Tall Seats - Some chairs start around 22-24 inches high to make standing simpler for those with mobility issues.
Who doesn't love a recliner? Chairs that recline reduce pressure on the lower back and improve circulation and swelling in the legs/feet. Some key features of a recliner are:
· Full Recline - Fully reclining chairs lean back nearly flat for napping and relaxation.
· Powered Recline - Electric controls smoothly adjust the reclining angle and leg rest height.
· Lay Flat Design - No leg rests, just a wide flat surface for lounging.
Keep It Mobile
Imagine nursing home chairs that revolutionize the game for people using them. These chairs put mobility front and center, making sure moving around is easy and adding that extra layer of safety and independence. With the perfect mobile chair, anyone can enjoy the freedom to move around as they like without any limitations. Ideal nursing chairs have:
· Locking Casters - Wheels with an easy locking/unlocking mechanism for stability when seated.
· Quick Braking - Easily engaged wheel brakes for added security.
· Swivel Wheels - Rotating casters enable moving in any direction without strain.
Accessorize for Safety
Extra features customize chairs and prevent falls/injuries:
· Removable Arms - Detachable chair arms allow for easier side transfers.
· Secure Lap Belts - Straps fasten across the lap to keep users positioned properly.
· Tray Tables - Flip-down trays provide a surface for activities, meals, and personal items.
· Cup Holders - Built-in holders keep drinks securely in reach to stay hydrated.
Choose Durable Materials
Best nursing home chairs must withstand daily use, so selecting the right materials is important. Look for stain-resistant, tightly woven fabrics that won't show spills and odors. Choose solid wood or metal frames that resist scuffs over time. Opt for soft rubber casters that protect floors from marks and scratches and also seek out antimicrobial treatments that inhibit bacteria, mold and odors.
Focusing on durability and comfort ensures nursing home chairs will provide comfort and ease of use for many years.
Shop Specialty Stores
Find specialty retailers that cater specifically to health-focused furniture. Look online where you can easily filter by health conditions, chair types and specifications to find the right nursing home furniture. Specialty medical equipment retailers will have the best variety and expertise to help find new nursing home chairs.
Always Test before Making a Decision
What is the best way to find the perfect nursing home chairs? Always try them! When shopping:
· Sit in display models - Get the real feel for comfort and mechanics.
· Adjust features - Fully recline, lift, swivel and rock to test functions.
· Check dimensions - Verify chairs accommodate needed heights and widths.
· Assess ease of entry/exit - Stand up and sit down repeatedly to confirm mobility.
Acing the test drive ensures you select chairs personalized for comfort, health, and safety.
Take a Seat
The days of fragile folding chairs in nursing homes are over. Today’s specialty chairs provide orthopedic support, adjustable ergonomics, and relaxation to make seniors or other users truly feel at home. By focusing on the right features for your individuals' needs, you can provide the perfect nursing home chairs for families to sit back in comfort and enjoy their golden years. Every individual deserves a touch of luxury in their seating experience! Contact us for hign-end senior living furniture information
GET IN TOUCH
If you have any questions about our products or services, feel free to reach out to customer service team. Provide unique experiences for everyone involved with a brand.